Burlington, Iowa: A free seminar to help Iowans better understand recent flooding and how Iowa’s communities can prepare for future floods. The evening agenda includes:
- See how changing trends in rainfall and water run-off impact Iowa;
- Find out how your community can reduce future flood damage;
- See how urban and rural Iowans work together to reduce flood impacts;
- Learn why Cedar Falls is leading the nation in floodplain management;
- See how the Iowa Flood Center works to minimize future flood damage;
- Learn how new disaster-related state laws can help Iowans.
Presentation to be followed by a question and answer session. Free copies of A Watershed Year: Anatomy of the Floods of 2008 will be available (quantities limited).
Hosted in the Burlington City Council Chambers, 4:00 – 6:00 pm.
For more information, contact Joe Bolkcom, email@example.com or (319) 353-2681
Hosts: UI Center for Global and Regional Environmental Research, Rebuild Iowa Office, UNI Center for Energy and Environmental Education, Iowa DNR, Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, ISU Extension, Iowa League of Cities, and the Iowa State Association of Counties.