WHAT: Iowa City Flood Inundation maps will be unveiled and demonstrated at an upcoming news conference. Through a federal, university, and city partnership, these maps are now available on the National Weather Service website to help the citizens of Iowa City better understand flood risk associated with the Iowa River.
WHEN: Thursday, September 1, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
WHERE: The University of Iowa P. Sue Beckwith, M.D., Boathouse
1201 N. Dubuque St., Iowa City
(Access the boathouse from Dubuque Street, through Terrell Mill Park entrance)
WHO: The program participants will include:
- Rick Fosse, Public Works Director, City of Iowa City
- Maren Stoflet, Service Hydrologist, National Weather Service
- Nathan Young, Associate Director, Iowa Flood Center, The University of Iowa
- Brief presentations by participants
- Question and answer session
- Participants available for interviews
You can preview these maps at http://water.weather.gov/ahps/inundation.php (scroll down to Quad Cities, Iowa).
For more information, contact:Rick Fosse, Public Works Director City of Iowa City 319-356-5141 email@example.com Maren Stoflet, Service Hydrologist National Weather Service, Quad Cities 563-391-7094 ext 493 firstname.lastname@example.org Carmen Langel, Managing Director Iowa Flood Center, The University of Iowa 319-335-5841 email@example.com