- This event has passed.
Don’t Test the Waters, Johnson County – Community Flood Forum
May 30, 2012 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The “Don’t Test the Waters Johnson County—Community Flood Forum” is intended to provide relevant data to residents and business owners, empowering them to make informed decisions about their flood risks.
Emcee: Terrence Neuzil, Johnson County, supervisor
Welcome: Angel Robinson, Iowa Insurance Division, consumer advocate
Presentations: 6 – 6:45 pm
Flood Insurance Resources for the Consumers
– Angel Robinson, Iowa Insurance Division, consumer advocate
Flood Forecasts: Preparation and Prevention Resources
– Maren Stoflet, National Weather Service, service hydrologist
– Kris Lund, U.S. Geological Survey, geographer and database manager
Upcoming Flood Information and Technology
– Witold Krajewski, Iowa Flood Center, director
Johnson County Flood Maps
– Ken Bouma, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, floodplain management program planner
Johnson County Flood Emergency Preparedness
– Dave Wilson, Johnson County Emergency Management Agency, coordinator
Iowa City Flood Protection and Prevention Efforts
– Jason Havel, City of Iowa City, civil engineer
Panel with Questions and Answers: 6:45 – 7:30 pm
Panelists will include the above representatives, as well as:
– Army Corps of Engineers: Kevin Landwehr, chief, Rock Island District Hydrology & Hydraulics
Residents are invited to have refreshments and cookies, visit agency booths and pick up informational materials at the forum.